Blade Platforms is the North America leading provider of Aerial Work Platforms, Spider Lifts, Truck Mounted Cranes for the Spider Lifts For The Renewable Energy Industry. Our Team of Aerial Work Platform experts are here to assist with your Aerospace Projects needs. With Strategic offices located throughout North America, Blade Platforms can deliver the necessary Staff and Aerial Work Platform Equipment needed for your projects.
The rate of growth in the renewable energy sector means that more and more wind turbines and solar panels are going up throughout North America. Blade Platforms, servicing the entire continent, provides wind farms and beyond with state of the art aerial work platform machines and IPAF training. Whether it be rotor balancing or antenna repairs on wind turbines standing at over 300-400 feet, our team can provide meaningful access solutions.
Aerial work platform services are the most cost effective and convenient method for maintaining and repairing wind turbines. Our work platforms can go up to great heights much faster than cranes and other suspended baskets. They are also a lot safer than sending climbing units up steep wind turbines. Our machines allow IPAF trained technicians to reach all parts of wind turbines and blades safely and efficiently.
Our access platform solutions for wind turbines include but are not limited too:
- Turbine Maintenance
- Blade Repair
- Wind Turbine Cleaning
- Wind Turbine Painting
- Blade Removal & Disposal
- Climb Assist Installation and more!
Over the last 30 years we have proven in Europe that MEWPs/AWPs are the safest and most efficient way aerial height access. Since 2009 this concept is finally available here in the US. We have transformed the aerial lift industry by owning, leasing, and operating a reliable fleet of MEWPs/AWPs in North America. Our fleet consists of top-of-the-line truck-mounted aerial platforms ranging from 108 feet to 336 feet and tracked spider lifts ranging from 50 feet to 165 feet.
By combining safe working loads up to 880lbs (400kg) with outreach capabilities up-to 55ft (17m) and maximum working heights of 170ft (52m) these versatile machines can offer a solution to working at height in the most challenging of environments.
With a wide range of lifting attachments our spider platforms can be used across a wide range of industry sectors to provide a cost-effective solution to working at height that allows work to be carried out quickly and efficiently while minimizing disruption.
Spider Lifts also known as elevated work platforms are machine equipment used all over the world and by millions of people during construction, maintenance, cleaning, evacuation, and the performance of other tasks that seem impossible due to height. Aerial work platforms can be seen as a better alternative to ladders and scaffolding because it allows a worker more space for more range of height during tasks. Aerial work platforms are also commonly used in industries that include construction, landscaping, industrial cleaning, and so on.
Spider Lifts have major components such as a base structure, an extending chassis structure, etc, and minor components such as steer wheels, rotators, guardrails, drive wheels, and more.
- Base structure: This is simply a vehicle that has wheels that enables the movement of an Aerial work platform into a place.
- Chassis/ Frame: this is a frame-like structure that provides support for the whole aerial work platform or lifts. It is one of the main designs of an AWP.
- Steer wheels: they are wheels attached to the steering panel and used in steering the lift during motion to the desired direction. They also support the weight of the load, people, or things to be moved. They can be used to drive in four-wheel lifts but can only be used to steer in two-wheel lifts.
- Ground console: this is the operating room of the Aerial work platform. It is a unit where the controls of the driving and operating aspects of the lift can be found. The ground console is unusually found on the ground rather than on the top of the lift. It has to be operated by another person asides from the person being lifted.
- Jib: it is an extending arm used to increase the reach of the lift in all directions, vertical and horizontal which is helpful when working in a limited space.
- Rotator: The rotator connects the jib to the platform in the form of a small cylinder. It then allows movement of the platform from side to side. The rotator can rotate 360degrees in all directions and it can modify the arm of a platform to the desired side.
- Platform: the platform is a footswitch similar to a car’s gas pedal used to position and drive the Aerial lift. The auxiliary controls of the lift are also operated by the platform.
- Upright level cylinder: this is used in combination with the main cylinder to control the movement of the main fly and base sections.
- Jib lift cylinder: it controls the movement of the jib as implied.
- Slave cylinder: This cylinder is used to raise and lower the jib with the help of the jib lift cylinder.
Main base & fly section: These are the two adjoined sections used to provide the height and extension for the platform.
- Guardrails: Guardrails are structured to prevent workers and others such as tools and materials objects from falling off of the platform from falling. They are made up of anchor points for attaching lanyards.
About Spimerica – Spider Access Equipment North America
SPIMERICA is active in the sales of rental of a variety of industrial machines and equipment including spider platforms, aerial work platforms, elevating work platforms, mobile elevating work platforms,
Spimerica is managed by industry professional Ben Taft. Ben Taft leads Spimerica with extensive experience in the construction rental industry and in the manufacturing sector. Spimerica offers accessibility options to facilitate safer work environments and improve efficiencies within workplace productivity by providing world class spider booms and cranes to the USA Rental Industry market.
Spimerica is the authorized Palazzani dealer for the majority of the US, representing the highest level of spider booms and spider cranes in the industry. Spider booms range from 55ft to 170ft, providing the safest solution at heights you need to reach. Spimerica is committed to representing the most innovative, dependable and trustworthy solutions in our industry.