Spider lifts help arborists perform a wide variety of tree work that would otherwise be unsafe or cost-prohibitive. Move easily on your job sites and have greater access in hard to reach areas. However, there are tree companies have mastered the act of mounting trees without lifts. The thing with tree climbers is that they require significant training to be able to safely mount the tree and you will be fatigued when you get to the branches you want to work on. It is best and safe to just hire an aerial lift to carry out such activities. It is essential to be able to reach heightened work areas safely during any tree trimming project especially extremely tall trees or trees in urban areas.
It is also important to find the right aerial lift for your tree trimming. Not to worry, it should not be hard to find a perfect aerial lift. This article will enlighten you on the most useful parts of aerial lifts you should look out for during tree trimming projects.
Boom lifts otherwise known as cherry pickers are the most common and popular aerial lifts. In the professional tree pruning and arborist industries, they are particularly popular. There are two main types of boom lift;
- Telescoping Boom Lifts: telescoping boom lifts are superior to scissor lifts in terms of the range of motion with rotating bases which makes them better than scissor lifts or straight booms that can only move vertically. It is a good point to note when hiring. Telescoping boom lifts have a platform that is attached to a straight boom that can then be extended to great heights which will enable you to reach tall tree branches.
- Articulated Boom Lifts: this type of boom lift is advanced compared to the telescoping boom lifts. It has a jointed boom which makes it possible for the working platform to move horizontally than a telescoping boom lift. You will find it very useful during your trimming activity, especially when navigating large branches.
Boom lifts are available in electric and diesel-powered models similar to scissor lifts. There are also boom lifts tailored for rough terrains and waterlogged grounds.
Aerial lifts are the easiest and fastest way to reach hard branches but it is quite expensive to acquire or hire and extensive operative training.
Here are a few benefits of using aerial lifts for tree trimming;
- they can provide easy and safe access to tough areas.
- The structural design allows mobility and flexibility which gives room for improved efficiency.
- It makes it easier for industries such as manufacturing plants, warehouses, and services providers to utilize these lifts.
About Spimerica – Spider Access Equipment North America
SPIMERICA is active in the sales of rental of a variety of industrial machines and equipment including spider platforms, aerial work platforms, elevating work platforms, mobile elevating work platforms,
Spimerica is managed by industry professional Ben Taft. Ben Taft leads Spimerica with extensive experience in the construction rental industry and in the manufacturing sector. Spimerica offers accessibility options to facilitate safer work environments and improve efficiencies within workplace productivity by providing world class spider booms and cranes to the USA Rental Industry market.
Spimerica is the authorized Palazzani dealer for the majority of the US, representing the highest level of spider booms and spider cranes in the industry. Spider booms range from 55ft to 170ft, providing the safest solution at heights you need to reach. Spimerica is committed to representing the most innovative, dependable and trustworthy solutions in our industry.